This fifth episode is a landmine of tips, practical methodologies, and lots of stuff that you can easily apply to your business and become just as successful as our guest today. Kristi is very much an epitome of success. Her titles and acknowledgements-Emmy Award-winning news reporter, 2019 Women in Business to name a few, in both business and personal life, and all her other achievements, all speak as to what kind of person she is, what she’s become, and the discipline she’s exercised to enjoy a flourishing business. Join us as we exchange views and important lessons and together be inspired to do great for ourselves and those who are under our employ, and to find the wisdom amidst challenges.
- Life happens for you, not to you.
- You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with; surrounding yourself with a really good tribe is so vital.
- Your dreams weren’t put inside you to torture you, they were put inside you to drive you and to help you back up when you fall on your knees, not if you fall and scrape your knees, but when you do.
- Do the dream, don’t just have a dream; don’t just tell people about your dream, but do your dream and then see what happens.
- Kristi’s driving force for culture was to build a place where families could come first.
Listen in now!
- [00:45] Who is Kristi Piehl?
- [02:42] Kristi explains the different types of media
- [04:27] Kristi gives us more of her background story
“It really, for me, came down to wanting to help people with my passion.”
- [09:45] How Kristi waved through hefty waters.
“I was not going to allow my career to dictate my life any longer.”
- [12:05] A walk through on how Media Minefield’s first build process was.
“It was the right time and I had the right people around me who believed in it.”
- [15:19] Alissa shares a similar sentiment as Kristi’s
- [16:50] The challenges Kristi faced and what would have been her advice to herself?
“You want to be a disruptor so why are you trying to build something other people have built? Do you and do it better than anyone else and then other people will follow you.”
- [20:05] What Kristi’s always loved to do.
- [21:15] Alissa shares the four things that make you awesome.
- [23:24] How Kristi managed the growth of her team
“I had an obligation to see how far that could go.”
- [28:15] The piece of advice from Kristi for those who want a stable business growth.
“We have to believe that our greatest asset is the people around us.”
- [31:46] How Kristi decided what kind of culture she wanted?
“It’s about ensuring that we have the right kind of people who can really thrive in this kind of environment.”
- [33:47] Where to find Kristi?