Welcome to this most unique episode of Maximize Your Strengths. In just under one hour, Beth Riegger and I share a lot of the great tips and tools we learned during the Leadpages Converted16 conference. Sit back and enjoy!
About Beth Riegger
Beth Riegger is the owner of Keys 2 Success Marketing, a website design and search engine optimization firm in Minneapolis. She also happens to be one of my dearest friends!
Beth’s Top 5 StrengthsFinder Strengths
Alissa’s Top 5 StrengthsFinder Strengths
- Even if you do not have your own business, this episode is worthwhile for you! The key takeaways help you in all relationships in your life.
- Leadpages has three major products: Leadpages (landing pages); Drip (email automation); and Center (marketing command center).
- As you are going to conferences, whether you go by yourself or with a friend, find someone you can connect with and ask them to be your debrief buddy and accountability partner—both during the conference and after! This will help to keep you excited and focused.
- A Mastermind is a small group of people. A general format is where one person is in the hot seat, and the group focuses on that individual to help take his or her business to the next level.
- We often think that being the expert in our field that we shouldn’t share our vulnerabilities. But sharing is absolutely vital. Don’t be afraid to share you. People want to know that you are a human being; they want to relate to you.
- Facebook now has a bot that can message your customers via Facebook Messenger. You can program it to give them some great information that is unique to them right in the messaging system. Use an app called ManyChat.
- Selling is not always the answer! Sometimes the focus needs to be more on relationship building.
Listen in now!
Time-Stamped Show Highlights
- [1:42] – What drove Alissa to attend Converted16
- [2:42] – What drove Beth to attend Converted16
- [7:19] – B2B, B2C and H2H
- [8:29] – Covering Converted16 based on its format
- [10:39] – A concern that Alissa and Beth both held going into the conference
- [12:16] – The Accelerator Workshop, Day One, highlights
Creating a lead magnet! We could actually work while we were being spoken to.
Learning more about building relationships through Drip, the email automation system.
- [23:46] – The Accelerator Workshop, Day Two, highlights
Defining what my “why” is and being able to convey it in a short amount of time.
Be everywhere, but not literally everywhere.
Create a community or tribe that says, “I feel like I found my home.”
Choose authenticity and transparency.
Only 3 percent of your audience is ready to buy now. Find out where they are in the sales funnel and speak to them appropriately.
- [42:24] – The Conference, Day 2, highlights
We don’t have just one ideal customer (or avatar)—we have three: the informed, the afflicted and the oblivious.
Your message needs to be different depending on whom you’re speaking with.
Webinars are a great way to provide a ton of value to people who want to know more about you. They also help you build relationships and make connections.
If you have a small budget for running any Facebook ads, run your ad first on mobile and then retarget those users only to desktop. Users tend to do their research on their mobile devices and then make their purchases on their desktops.
Selected Links for This Episode
- Keys 2 Success Marketing
- Leadpages Converted Conference
- Get Leadpages for yourself!*
- Try Drip for free for up to 100 contacts!*
- Check out Center!*
- Leadpages Community on Facebook
- Smart Passive Income with Pat Flynn
- ManyChat app for Facebook Messenger
*In honor of full transparency: Because I believe so much in these tools, I have become an affiliate. This costs you no more, but if a paid version of one of these fits your needs, I will receive an affiliate commission.