Today’s discussion on Focus is one you cannot miss! Listen in as Gallup Certified Strengths Coach Brent O’Bannon shares stories about how Focus has shown up for him throughout his life.
About Brent O’Bannon
Brent is the world’s first Gallup Certified Strengths Coach and an Amazon #1 best-selling author that specializes in maximizing; mobilizing; and monetizing Strengths for entrepreneurs, executives, coaches, leadership teams and multi-million dollar companies. He has facilitated over 27,000 coaching sessions.
Brent’s leadership brand is to bring purposeful goal setting, wise coaching, and entrepreneurial zest—to help others lead courageously and win BIG. His vision is to Champion Strengths for Global Excellence.
Brent’s Top 5 StrengthsFinder Strengths
- A necessity for someone with Focus is a clear goal—but only one goal at a time!
- A big pitfall for those with Focus is that it is easy to become a workaholic.
- A theme that is a great partnership for Focus is Adaptability.
- Your top 10 Strengths are all passengers in a 10-seater van. At any given time, any one of those Strengths can be in the driver’s seat. While your number one Strength may drive most of the time, you can put it in the back seat and move another Strength into the driver’s seat.
- To say you are you using your talent in its “balcony” form means it is the highest use of your talent. If you’re using your talent in its “basement” form, it is the lower level of your talent.
Listen in now!
Time-Stamped Show Highlights
- [2:21] – Brent’s personal definition of “Focus”
Gallup’s definition is to take direction, follow through and make corrections to stay on track. When I first read that, I figured that I knew I could get “tunnel vision,” but only once I had a target in mind.
- [5:58] – Strengths hypnosis vs. Strengths intention
- [7:47] – When Focus really first showed up for Brent
- [14:21] – About Focus and splitting energies
- [15:50] – Theme balconies and basements
- [17:35] – How Focus has affected Brent’s marriage
Marriage is a strategic, complementary relationship.
- [22:53] – People with Strengths that have helped Brent
Mastermind group members who have Strategic Thinking themes, as I do not have these high in myself.
- [25:27] – Final words of wisdom on Focus
Never get to a place where you think you have learned it all about your talent themes!