Our guest today is a firm believer in focusing and amplifying one’s strengths. He has been through the toughest of challenges but he’s hurdled through them with flying colors. Seriously, this episode is one for the books. I am sure that you will all be as inspired and in awe when you hear his unbelievable story. Join me as I gush over our guest’s incredible feat that turned both his business and his life immensely successful and awesome.
About Hal Elrod
Hal is best known as the author of the #1 bestselling book, The Miracle Morning, but what’s most incredible is that Hal actually died at age 20. He was dead for 6 minutes, broke 11 bones, and was told by doctors that he would never walk again. But not only did he walk, he went on to run a 52-consecutive-mile ultramarathon, became a hall of fame business achiever by age 25, an international keynote speaker, and author of what is being widely regarded as one of the most life-changing books ever written, with over 1,500 five-star reviews on Amazon and has been translated in 24 languages, the #1 international bestseller, The Miracle Morning.
Hal’s Top 5 StrengthsFinder Strengths
- We’ve all got these gifts and this genius. Invest the time in getting your genius out there, amplify those gifts, develop those gifts. That’s what the world wants from us.
- If it doesn’t matter in five years then it shouldn’t matter in five minutes.
- You don’t have to stress with what you don’t get done.
- I encourage everybody to really be at peace with where you are because you’re alive and that’s what matters more than anything else.
- Maintain a healthy sense of urgency to get where you wanna go; urgency that comes from abundance.
- It’s important to keep that harmony, there is no balance because when you balance things, you don’t have a win-win.
- Learn to not let emotions be the boss. Don’t let your emotions run you, let your commitment be bigger than your current emotions.
Time-Stamped Show Highlights
- [01:00] Why Alissa gushes over today’s guest.
- [07:49] Hal’s great recommendation for entrepreneurs who wanna grow their business.
- [13:30] Hal’s an unfazed person but he still does have areas of non-strength, let’s find out what those are.
- [16:00] Another great set of tips from Hal, one that entrepreneurs need to take into account.
“Make sure you get the most important things done.”
- [26:13] Alissa and Hal exchange pointers on how to measure progress and productivity.
“[In relationships], the best way to find the measure is to ask [your loved one] what the measure is.”
- [29:43] Hal’s cancer journey and what got him back on the positivity wagon.
“When we are going through times of adversity, just remind ourselves that it’s temporary.”
- [32:49] Talking about emotions—Positivity, to be specific.
“Don’t let your emotions run you. Let your commitment be bigger than your current emotions.”
- [39:07] The future of The Miracle Morning movement–and it includes movies!
I feel the sense of responsibility to pay it forward and help other people.
- [42:10] Podcast recommendation of the week!
Selected Links for This Episode
- Hal Elrod’s Website
- Connect with Hal on Facebook
- Connect with Hal on Twitter
- Connect with Hal on LinkedIn
- Illuminate Film Festival
- Podcast of the Week: Mindfulness Mode with Bruce Langford