The Journey Starts with Why
My name is Alissa and I learned how to have it all. You can, too.
The Journey Started Within
To the outside world, everyone thought I had it all. However, for most of my life, I always wondered what was wrong with me and why I never felt like a success.
The reality is that I was following someone else’s journey of what success should be, and I was therefore constantly trying to fix myself to fit into that mold.
When I discovered that I was actually who I was intended to be, I started out on a path to deeply understand who that person was and how I could maximize her to be the best, the most successful, and happiest me.
That decision changed everything.
In the last 10+ years, I’ve done a lot of personal work, hired coaches, read a million books, attended a thousand conferences, and have pursued an ad-hoc method to step into my greatness. Some things worked, some didn’t. At the heart of it, I learned that when I truly understood my strengths, I could soar from those, and the future was limitless.
I’ve done the work so that I can help you shortcut yours.
To be a change agent that helps Minnesota create a flourishing economy that is fueled by cultural interdependence, and one which fosters equitable communities where we courageously live our strengths, leverage the strengths of others, and lift up each other as we rise.
I help companies improve profitability by equipping leaders and teams to continually raise the bar of excellence and reach new levels of success by leveraging each person’s diverse and collective strengths, experience, and perspectives.
- Boundaries: Create safe spaces that honor clear expectations of no name calling, finding at least one thing to agree on, and listening first before speaking.
- Curiosity: Build bridges by listening with an intention to understand and learn, and to see unique individuals as valuable parts of the same ecosystem.
- Respect: Treat people how they want to be treated and amplify their individual strengths in all situations and with all people to serve the greater good.
- Equity: Pursue and create diversity & inclusion not because it is the right thing to do, but because it is the best thing for our businesses and our communities.
- Impact: Celebrate progress by measuring distinct and meaningful metrics that are tied to leadership expansion, cultural growth, and improved profitability.
Here are a few fun facts about what drives me when I’m not teaching you to have it all:
- Family: My husband and daughters are the joy of my life. Marriage is great, wonderful work, and every day we seek ways to lift each other up and serve each other. As a parent, I love watching my daughters succeed in what they enjoy. Intentionally building deep relationships with them and being a part of their journey as they become strong, self-assured, independent women is a joy like none other.
- Bodybuilding: I’ve always had a healthy love of exercise and was a gymnast growing up. I took up bodybuilding in my 30’s because I love seeing what my body can accomplish and bodybuilding is one way I could push it to its limits. What excites me the most is that the culture of bodybuilding has provided a space to express strength in body and mind.
- Reading: I am obsessed with reading great books that inspire, encourage, and ignite me to better myself and my surroundings. On average, I read one book per week. The pursuit of personal growth is at the heart of who I am, and so if you’re ever looking for a great book on a specific topic, I will always have a recommendation for you.
Take That Next Step.
Don’t waste another day questioning whether you are on the right path. Take action to identify your goals and achieve the success you so dearly deserve, your way. You’re wired for success. You are frickin’ awesome. It’s time you live it out in your business and your life.