Have you ever had the feeling that you are just bouncing off like a ball trying to get your business established? Our guest today surely has. Starting a business is a challenge, and even more so when you have very limited knowledge on the business side of things, add to it keeping a day job, offering an instructional coaching and working with schools at the same time. Our guest today is torn, for the last three years, between marketing her business or staying focused on her clients that will eventually enable her to reach the ultimate goal. In today’s session, we are going to walk Trish through a process on how she can, little by little, create that shift towards the goal. We’d give her enough pointers to help get herself established, as what I have done in mine when I was just starting.
About Trish Johnson
Trish Johnson is a certified life Coach and podcaster who specializes in helping women who are feeling stuck and overwhelmed live more joyful, fulfilling lives. She helps her clients work through fears, as well as other limiting beliefs so they are able to live a life of purpose, or what she likes to call, an illuminated life.
Trish’s Top 5 StrengthsFinder Themes
- You don’t know until you do it.
- It doesn’t have to be a leap, it just needs to be a step.
- Trust is something that is vital to what we do.
- Life hands you what you need.
- Bad things can happen anyway, go ahead and live big
Time-Stamped Show Highlights
- [02:41] Trish’s story is kind of a sad story, as per her.
“I had an interesting chain of events.”
- [04:49] Chain of events leading up to Trish’s business start.
“I started to think about what might happen if I just took a step.”
- [07:57] The law of relativity.
“The universe is sort of smacking you to remind you what’s important.”
- [09:37] The line in the sand for Trish.
“Screw it. I could be gone tomorrow. Why would I wait one more minute to put off something?”
- [11:31] Trish’s top five strengths are a gift to her clients.
- [15:42] What propels Trish forward?
“I have recently taken on a practice of setting my intention for the day.”
- [18:12] Alissa on why she think strengths are so vital.
“Our strengths all have needs like humans need air and water.”
- [20:52] Alissa’s tips on how Trish can feed her strengths’ needs.
“Give yourself time and space.”
- [22:51] Trish’s challenge with her business.
- [24:02] Alissa shares what Trish can do to achieve that smooth shift in her business.
- [28:58] Brilliant marketing leg for Trish’s business.
“As coaches, our personal relationship, who we are is vital.”
- [36:38] Podcast recommendation of the week!
Selected Links for This Episode
- Trish’s Website
- The Illuminated Life Podcast
- Connect with Trish on Twitter
- Podcast of the Week: Yes Effect with Shelli Varela