This live coaching session today has dealt with a lot of pain points and I am 100% certain that you are going to get a lot out of this. Today’s episode discusses a lot of obstacles that an entrepreneur faces, whether established or just starting out. Janene has a big dream for giving back. Her plans include that of a lifestyle change where she can take two months off and render volunteer services to the less fortunate. But—yes, there is a but—she isn’t in that position to do so, just yet. We help Janene today on the steps she can take to achieve that goal she’s focused on. Get your pens ready because the tips I’m throwing out here are not just limited to Janene’s area of challenge. Stay tuned in until the very last minute to learn more.
About Janene Liston
I’m here today with Janene Liston, the Pricing Lady. She’s a multi-passionate entrepreneur who believes that inside each of us is all we need to thrive in life. Sometimes we just need help tapping it. Clients hire her to help them build more confidence when it comes to what and how to charge their customers. She’s taken her passion for pricing (yes, one can be passionate about pricing) and communication from the corporate world to the entrepreneurial world, helping business owners just like you and I.
Janene’s Top 5 StrengthsFinder Themes:
- Having a profit mindset in your business doesn’t make you greedy, it makes you smart.
- Allow yourself the permission to gravitate to people who lift you higher.
- If you want to go to that next level, protect yourself from the people who suck you dry.
- Our strengths have needs, just like humans need air and water.
- Getting out of the status quo is a need.
Time-Stamped Show Highlights
- [02:23] Saying hello to our guest, Janene.
- [05:22] Who does Janene primarily work with?
- [06:00] The psychology behind pricing.
“Pricing in my opinion, is 80% human psychology.”
- [08:12] Janene’s strength themes that further separates her from the pack.
“I’m in the zone most when I’m learning something new.”
- [13:14] What is the process working with Janene.
“Help them focus on what’s right and what works in the context of their values and the kind of business they want to have.”
- [16:20] Janene’s limbo kind of challenge in her business.
“I know what I need to do but it’s not always bringing me in the direction that I want to head.”
- [18:53] Our guest paints a picture of what a harmonious, successful life looks like.
“Being around people in a support network.”
- [24:28] Alissa shares some pointers on how to achieve the lifestyle that our guest envisions.
“If you don’t take your profit, you’re never going to take your profit.”
- [28:18] The importance of self-care.
“One of the biggest reasons that we burn out is that we don’t continue to fill our cup.”
- [30:45] Alissa is on a roll talking about strengths.
- [32:41] Alissa recaps on the interview’s talking points.
- [35:40] Podcast recommendation of the week!
Selected Links for This Episode
- The Pricing Lady
- Connect with Janene on Twitter
- Connect with Janene on LinkedIn
- 12-Point Checklist
- Profit First
- Podcast of the Week: Profit First podcast by Mike Michalowicz