Today’s live coaching session is a topic that we’ve already talked about in a previous episode. It only goes to show that when it comes to keeping that balance in both business and life, a lot of us still struggle more often. Our guest is an accomplished mentor, and most days, her schedule is just filled to the brim to the point where she just wants to retreat and shut down. Her challenge will make you realize that not all successful entrepreneurs, like our guest, has it easy-breezy. I know that you can mine a lot of tips to better help you strike that balance and catch a breather.
About Cheryl Leitschuh
Who is Cheryl Leitschuh? Mentor, guide and influencer. Many of Cheryl’s clients describe her as the “yoda” for small woman owned small businesses and solopreneurs. Cheryl has had the pleasure of owning a successful, sustainable small business for over twenty five years. She has stumbled, regrouped, learned, succeeded and failed BUT remained committed to being an entrepreneur. Cheryl has also coached other women-owned small businesses to enjoy the opportunities of being an entrepreneur. Her mission is to help woman-owned small business to start, build and grow their own successful enterprise.
Cheryl’s Top 5 StrengthsFinder Themes:
Listen in now!
- I am able to bring what is needed at the right time.
- Collaboration is key because I know who I am and what it is that I bring.
- Forward action is what it takes to make change.
- Working from desperation and scarcity will kill any ability to draw in the right things.
- Challenges make us human, it doesn’t make us weak.
- Don’t beat yourself up because you’re facing a similar issue as you faced in the past, embrace it.
- We cannot serve from an empty cup.
Time-Stamped Show Highlights
- [01:43] Intro to our “Yoda” guest.
- [04:00] Cheryl’s vision for a flexible business.
- [05:28] Cheryl’s very apparent strength profile and what she thought about it.
“I’ve always felt that I’ve been unique than a lot of the other people that I was working with.”
- [10:35] How does Cheryl react to clients that don’t want her.
“I quickly realize that I’m not the right solution for them.”
- [11:41] Alissa explains importance of being fit with potential clients.
“We can really draw in the right clients that are a good fit.”
- [14:29] Let’s find out why Cheryl loves the world that we’re in now.
- [15:13] The difference between abundance and scarcity.
“Begin working from a place of abundance and welcoming that abundance, versus resistance and scarcity.”
- [18:23] We all have challenges and that’s okay. Cheryl certainly does, regardless of her success.
“I end up overcommitted and overstressed, and then I need to retreat.”
- [21:03] What would make something fit for Cheryl?
“I really feel like I can contribute something because of my experience.”
- [23:39] The things that Cheryl is most passionate about.
“I love the business of being in business.”
- [28:19] Alissa offers Cheryl ways on how to best preserve her energy on things that matter to her.
“All of these things are important, but the thing is that there is only one you.”
- [36:49] Podcast recommendation of the week!
Selected Links for This Episode
- Straight Talk for Smart Business Women Website
- Connect with Cheryl on Twitter
- Connect with Cheryl on Facebook
- Connect with Cheryl on LinkedIn
- Straight Talk for Smart Business Women Facebook Page
- Podcast of the Week: Dean Bokhari’s The Meaningful Show