Seriously, we’re throwing a lot of rich ideas your way in today’s episode. Anyone who has had a hard time prioritizing their to-dos and couldn’t decide which one is more pressing, I am sure at the end of this podcast, you will get so much clarity that you’d probably jump right into your own list. This episode is that good, you guys. Our guest is amazing and you’ll see why.. Excited yet? Go ahead, take a listen and jot down notes while doing so.
About CJ Grace
CJ Grace was a BBC journalist in Britain and then worked for China Radio International in Beijing. The author of “Adulterer’s Wife: How to Thrive Whether You Stay or Not,” she is completing “Hotel Chemo: Learning to Laugh through Breast Cancer and Infidelity.” When CJ discovered her husband’s infidelity and got breast cancer, she refused to be a victim and kept her wicked sense of humor. After receiving “Adulterer’s Wife,” Arianna Huffington invited CJ to write for HuffPost. CJ has an infidelity advice column on her website. Her mantra: The best revenge is to get past the need for it.
CJ’s Top 5 StrengthsFinder Strengths
Listen in now!
- The best revenge is to get past the need for it.
- You just need to use the strengths you have to get things done.
- It is important to write things down, because otherwise it isn’t real.
- Multitasking actually kills effectiveness and productivity.
- From the purpose-driven perspective—marketing is still a challenge because there’s a strategy to it.
- Stick to a very good routine.
- When you have too many ideas, you’re spreading yourself too thin.
Time-Stamped Show Highlights
- [02:52] CJ expresses a pleasant surprise.
- [04:25] Getting to know CJ’s story and how this show has served as a catalyst for her.
- [08:44] CJ’s rare top five strength themes.
- [11:38] When ideas are popping like popcorn, what should you do?
- [14:27] A little tip on being mindful
“Keep a journal, keep a notebook, right by your side.”
- [18:19] The different value propositions of meditation for entrepreneurs.
- [19:06] CJ walks us through her process of prioritizing.
“Priorities can be written down, but then they might change.”
- [23:56] Alissa’s techniques on how to get things done.
“Create routine to allow for things to become muscle memory.”
- [27:42] The part that nobody likes doing but is essential to business growth.
“It is actually your responsibility to go out and market.”
- [33:17] Alissa recommends steps on how to better market.
“Put it up where you can see it. Get that purpose.”
- [39:52] Podcast recommendation of the week!
Selected Links for This Episode
- CJ’s Website
- Connect with CJ on Twitter
- Adulterer’s Wife: How to Thrive Whether You Stay or Not
- Hotel Chemo: Learning to Laugh through Breast Cancer and Infidelity
- Maximize Your Strengths: Episode 75 with Julianna Raye
- Podcast of the Week: Kwik Brain Podcast by Jim Kwik