Starting a business while still on a full time career is challenging. A lot of things need to be considered and carefully planned. It’s what disheartens some small entrepreneurs from just going ahead and doing it. Our guest today is someone who shares the same dilemma as other small business owners. He’s crazy-good at what he does and it’s not yet providing a full-time income stream.
We will, together, share tips and tricks on how we can prioritize, practice accountability, and discipline in working towards the goal. Bringing your business to life shouldn’t be a slave work but a labor of love instead–and should be fun. If this resonates with you, come on over and join us as we strategize what we can do to make this an easy and fun journey for you.
About Tom Aimi
Tom Aimi is a songwriter/producer originally from Wallingford, CT. Now in Los Angeles, he is pursuing music as a full-time career. He’s currently working with podcasters, and production companies to create customized music for their shows. On top of that, he’s continually writing and producing music behind the scenes, for himself and for sync licensing placements on: Film, TV, and Advertisements.
Tom’s Top 5 StrengthsFinder Themes:
- I never lose, I only win or I learn.
- Go after what you want while also keeping all the important things in the forefront of your mind.
- We initiate our discipline when we remind ourselves that we are not our feelings.
- Don’t forget. You committed to this and your dreams are bigger than your fears. You’re not at the whim of your feelings.
- Being honest with yourself, tracking your own hours, and then staying accountable to somebody can help you stay at that course.
- If you find that your only discipline is difficult, accountability is key.
Time-Stamped Show Highlights
- [00:43] Intro to the man behind Alissa’s amazing podcast music.
- [05:17] Tom’s most valuable lessons learned from his trek across the US
“I realized I don’t really care that much for the performance aspect anymore.”
- [10:17] Alissa’s amazed by Tom’s type of profile
- [16:54] The biggest challenge Tom is currently facing.
“The hardest thing right now is really staying hard pressed to commit that every single night.”
- [18:07] Alissa expounds on what a simple discipline could result to.
“It might not feel like doing X, Y, or Z but we’re committed to the outcome.”
- [20:25] Alissa and Tom discusses options on how to stay committed to the goal.
- [25:40] Alissa’s recommendation on how to keep Tom accountable.
“Some level of tracking is going to be really important to your success.”
- [29:54] Tom’s next little steps towards his business.
- [32:40] Alissa’s challenge for Tom to set him up for commitment.
“If you need it, and don’t forget to reach out for accountability because this dream is too important to let slide away.”
- [34:28] Podcast recommendation of the week!
Selected Links for This Episode
- JAMSPOT Website
- JAMSPOT Facebook Page
- Connect with Tom on Twitter
- Connect with Tom on LinkedIn
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Podcast of the Week: Duct Tape Marketing Podcast with John Jantsch