Today’s episode is one that got Alissa all excited, truly inspired, and one she considers to be a valuable experience. Our guest today is someone who’s really a smart, driven, passionate, heart-driven business owner. All throughout this episode, you will hear Asmâa’s insatiable desire to help people reach the summit of business success. This is an episode where we can learn how strength themes can come together and be a beautiful recipe of being able to do exactly what it is that you do in the gifted way that you do it, just as how Asmâa has.
About Asmâa Methqal
Asmâa Methqal is an executive-level, trilingual professional with over 19 years of expertise delivering marketing solutions for various large industries.
Asmâa is the founder of Maestra, a hub for marketing, branding, technology, and communications, with a passion for holistic business solutions. The company helps entrepreneurs, companies, and multi-disciplinary teams design and implement well-orchestrated marketing strategies that amplify their presence and impact.
Asmâa is a master composer of business symphonies who holds two Master degrees in her field. She is also an Associate Faculty at Royal Roads University; and a mentor of young entrepreneurs and startups with the Innovation Centre of the University of Victoria and Futurpreneur Canada.
Asmâa’s Top 5 StrengthsFinder Strengths
Listen in now!
- When you surround yourself with people who are better, smarter, on the same trajectory as you are, you will elevate yourself to a whole new place.
- You need to build your community and your tribe before your product is out there.
- Whatever stage of your business that you’re in, you have a lot of shoulds on your plate.
- You have to be able to articulate your mission before you can take that next step.
- It’s really hard to see the picture when you are in the frame.
- Marketing is not just something that you just snap your fingers and do it.
Time-Stamped Show Highlights
- [01:28] Getting to know our remarkable guest.
- [04:22] What is Maestra and what are Asmâa’s superpowers?
- [08:19] An important takeaway for your business.
“If you don’t have your clear mission identified, if you don’t have you clear why identified, don’t do any of those things yet.”
- [09:31] The heart and the soul of Asmâa’s business and why she does what she does.
“The way I do business that is different than other companies is that I am really, really committed. I need to feel that I really resonate with what they’re doing.
- [11:26] Asmâa’s incredible top five strength themes.
- [15:29] Asmâa’s biggest area of challenge in her business.
“I can do it for others but when it’s for myself, it’s harder.”
- [18:26] Asmâa explains why she’s so passionate about teaching others.
“I was able to connect all the dots for them and show them in a clear way.”
- [21:49] Alissa and Asmâa talk about possible action plans.
- [25:42] The next step to getting Asmâa’s first workshop booked and planned.
“I think one of the reasons why I got where I got is I’m not afraid of failing. When I fail, you fail forward.”
- [28:07] What Alissa thinks of Asmâa’s plans.
“When you are at a table and you’re working with another business owner, it’s good to have other people who are working through that with you.”
- [33:11] Alissa’s little challenge for Asmâa as she prepares for her workshop launch.
- [34:45] Podcast recommendation of the week!
Selected Links for This Episode
- Connect with Asmâa on Twitter
- Connect with Asmâa on LinkedIn
- Maestra Website
- Maestra Facebook Page
- LEAF Certification
- Podcast of the Week: Marketing Your Business Podcast with Stu McLaren