This week’s episode is about Alissa’s recent (and ongoing health journey). She’s a believer that taking care of our personal health is vital to being our best selves. You can be successful in your business without being in good physical health, but you won’t have nearly the success you’d have if you were healthy. It is really an important step in becoming confident enough and it naturally just spills over into other areas of your life. We all sort of “know” Alissa by this episode. We know that she wants to be successful not only in her business but also in other areas that she desires to be successful in as well. Join us in this episode where we talk about muscles, diets, discipline, and yes, bikinis.
Despite Alissa’s belief in personal health, she had fallen into arguably the worst physical condition of her life. It happened as insidiously as it does for most, putting other priorities above self-care.
So, in December of 2017, Alissa had had enough and she hired a personal trainer…and made a CRAZY goal. That’s what today’s episode is about. Alissa welcomes Kelsie Olson, personal trainer on as the guest coach on this Real Life episode.
Listen in now!
About Kelsie Olson
Besides being a fitness fanatic, Kelsie Olson received an Exercise Science degree from the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse as well as a personal training certification from the NSCA. She has been personal training for 4 years and bodybuilding for 3 1/2 years. She recently received her pro card last Spring and is now competing as an IPE Figure Pro. She and her husband Dusty own a personal training business called Renovation Training, based out of Blaine, MN. They work with all types of clients from weight loss to runners to muscle building to the extreme of competitive bodybuilding.
We know you were wondering! Kelsie’s Top 5 StrengthsFinder Strengths are:
- Your business does not exist in a vacuum.
- When you are your best you, you can do better in business, in relationships, and everywhere else.
- It’s amazing what your body can do if your mental state is spot on.
- “I’m okay not winning. I’m not okay not preparing as if I’m going to win.”
Time-Stamped Show Highlights
- [02:00] Intro to today’s topic is Alissa’s health journey
- [07:26] Kelsie lays out the importance of a personal trainer who legit knows their stuff.
“I can’t say enough about the importance of hiring a great trainer that is going to encourage you, push you, and hold you accountable, especially in beginning.”
- [18:17] The conversation that was an important switch for Alissa and her training.
“You are only as strong as you allow yourself to be.”
- [22:31] Tracking and why it’s so important.
“It’s really, really important not to get so stuck on one parameter. Look at more than one parameter.”
- [30:50] Alissa’s challenge going into the competition and the things that have helped her be successful thus far.
“Life is certainly not a straight uphill climb. It is valleys and mountains, and eventually, you reach that peak of where you want to be.”
- [42:33] Alissa’s unexpected side effects and the side benefits.
- [47:51] Kelsie tells Alissa what she can expect as they near the competition.
“It’s important to know that this is temporary, that we have a goal–there is a light at the end of the tunnel.”
- [53:03] Kelsie shares a bit more on what the competition is and discusses what’s next for Alissa.
- [1:04:16] Podcast recommendation of the week!
Selected Links for This Episode
- Connect with Kelsie on Facebook
- Connect with Dusty—Kelsie’s husband and business partner—on Facebook
- Blaine Snap Fitness Facebook Page
- Blaine Snap Fitness Website
- Connect with Kelsie through email: email@example.com
- The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
- Podcast of the Week: The Chalene Show with Chalene Johnson