Our guest today was once an unwanted child and got thrown into foster homes, but she has since beaten life’s difficulties. She’s fought to find her way and has always seen the world in a different way. She’s here to share her very remarkable feat–both in life and in her business–and how mastering her craft have helped others map their own success.
Listen in now!
About Lisa McCarthy
Lisa McCarthy is the Founder and President of Make My Idea Real and inventor of the Affirmations Mirror, a programmable talking mirror that reminds women how intelligent, capable, and powerful they are. Ms. McCarthy’s uses her expertise to help leaders drive initiatives for transforming ideas from concepts into reality, by identifying and designing a plan of action to achieve even greater success. With over 20 years of innovation, management, marketing and sales, to deliver strategic results. She has worked across a broad-spectrum of industries including: start-ups, inventors, authors, speakers, investors, service companies, automotive, real estate, network marketing companies, manufacturers and non-profits.
Lisa’s Top 5 StrengthsFinder Themes:
- If I can believe in myself, then that’s who matters.
- To continue serving people with your Superpowers, you have a responsibility to tell people what your Superpowers are.
- What you do is not about how great you are. It’s about what you can facilitate for your clients.
- You can’t always listen to other people about what you know is inside you to do.
Time-Stamped Show Highlights
- [01:29] Getting to know Lisa
Instead of rolling over and quitting, I just get back up.
- [03:00] Lisa’s remarkable feat through life’s negative experiences as a child
The impact I can make will be carried forward.
- [03:54] The journey of Make my Idea Real and Affirmation Mirror.
- [07:44] Lisa on possible rejections and how she looks at it.
- [10:37] People getting inspired just by being in Lisa’s space
What a gift that is to know that your entire life is not wasted. Your experiences bring something amazing to other people.
- [13:42] Tackling the two biggest challenges that Lisa has in her biz.
Keeping consistency in the flow of people that you can assist is a big challenge
- [15:57] Lisa shares Possibility Talks, her podcast that’s still in the works.
- [31:07] What does Lisa’s process look like?
They’re gonna accomplish everything that they wanna do by starting with the who, what, when, where, why, and how.
- [34:26] – Podcast recommendation of the week!
Selected Links for This Episode
- Make My Idea Real Website
- Affirmations Mirror Website
- Connect with Lisa on Twitter
- Connect with Lisa on LinkedIn
- Make My Idea Real Facebook Page
- Affirmations Mirror Facebook Page
- Podcast of the Week: Something You Should Know by Mike Carruthers