Welcome to yet another exciting live coaching session with me, Alissa Daire Nelson, your host. Our guest for today has been building her career in music since her 20s. Marie Incontrera has had a really awesome career but the arts don’t always pay the bills. Join me in finding out what made her leap from music to promoting others and discover how she steadily built her business, and how you can glean lessons from her journey to take a leap of your own.
Listen in now!
About Marie Incontrera
Marie is a social media and publicity expert, speaker, consultant, fitness enthusiast, and jazz musician. Fascinating combo isn’t it?!
Her consulting services include social media and online branding service for individuals and small businesses; media bookings (specializing in podcasts); TEDx talk development and speaker booking outreach; and blogging and ghostwriting on platforms such as Thrive, Quora, Medium, LinkedIn Pulse, and more.) Her social media clients have included national best-selling business authors, medical professionals, wellness experts, a popular science-based gaming app, thought leaders, executive coaches, and more. Her speaker clients have booked TEDx conferences around the country, and her media clients have been booked on popular podcasts, and radio shows such as Entrepreneur on Fire, The World’s Most Amazing People, Positive Productivity, and more.
Marie’s Top 5 StrengthsFinder Themes:
- “Your easy is your gift.”
- Part of what creates our superpowers is not only our formal education but also our life experiences.
- We all have triggers and it’s important to know how and why we react.
- We don’t have to get stuck in all the BS that comes along with that one, legitimate concern.
- Entrepreneurship is a risky thing, but there are things that we can put in place to give us a little bit of breathing room.
- Learn to get that time for yourself to be able to come up with great, new ideas. Think outside the box and make it a non-negotiable.
- Let your Significance drive your WHY.
Time-Stamped Show Highlights
- [02:19] Getting to know how Marie took that leap from music to promoting others.
I’ve always done social media for my music career. I just sort of was naturally good at it.
- [06:32] We hear about Marie’s StrengthsFinder themes.
- [08:10] Marie’s challenge, and one that is important to address.
Something minor goes wrong, and all of a sudden I’m stressed out.
- [09:34] How does the theme of Ideation function?
Ideation is very common in entrepreneurs because we don’t like to be in boxes.
- [10:59] Writing down your stresses can be helpful.
Oftentimes, by writing down your worry, you can have just a little bit of distance from it to actually have a conversation with it.
- [15:30] What to do when you find yourself saying yes to more things than you wish you would.
- [20:45] Addressing stress management and the ways to fill your cup
When you take that time that you need for you, your ability to be most effective skyrockets.
- [26:29] Marie’s legacy and the significance she wants to leave this world.
I wanted to be able to support the arts in a very significant way
- [31:08] Podcast recommendation of the week!
Selected Links for This Episode
- Marie’s Website
- Connect with Marie on Twitter: @avanteverything
- Connect with Marie on Facebook: marie.incontrera
- Podcast of the Week: Meditation Minis with Chel Hamilton