Welcome to another live coaching session with me, your host Alissa Daire Nelson, and today’s guest, Joni Lynn Nelson. Put in your earbuds and join us in a great conversation about how to handle challenges with documentation, including how to lean into your Strengths to fill in your biggest areas of weakness.
About Joni Lynn Nelson
Joni is the owner of FLY With Strengths, an individual and team coaching business focused on embracing your Strengths and learning how to reach your peak performance. (FLY is an acronym. It stands for Fully Love Yourself AND Fully Leverage Yourself.)
A Gallup certified and Strengths Strategy certified Strengths coach, Joni initially began working as a corporate coach and has since moved to serving individuals. Joni hails from the Dallas area of Texas and provides her services both locally and virtually.
Joni’s Top 7 StrengthsFinder Strengths
Listen in now!
- Approach life with an abundance mindset—there really is enough to go around for everyone!
- Your unique mix of values, education and experiences blend to create your own superpowers.
- It is so important to find passion in your work! While it is possible to keep finding work you’ve been trained to do, if you don’t have passion for it, you can never rise above.
- There is always a reason for falling behind on a certain task—it may drain you, it may take longer than you always expect, etc. Figure out what it is that makes you fall behind.
- The best ways to stay on top of your least-loved tasks are to create processes, block time, and outsource to others if possible.
- Everyone needs a coach! Someone else can bring a different Strength or see things through a different lens to allow you to see things in a new way. Together we are better!
Time-Stamped Show Highlights
- [2:48] – Hear Joni embrace her Strengths!
- [6:56] – Transitioning from a corporate setting to coaching individuals
In a corporate setting, coaching begins on focusing on teams. But, really, to make it most effective, it needs to focus on starting with individuals.
I am like a vessel that is there to lift individuals and teams higher.
- [10:33] – Alissa’s insight into one of Joni’s superpowers
- [13:07] – Joni’s corporate experience
- [13:36] – Hear Joni vulnerably own her biggest challenge in her business today
While I was great at paperwork for an external company, when I am trying to do it for me, I’m hopeless.
- [14:49] – Listen as Alissa dives deep to help Joni manage her administrative tasks
- [17:36] – The real reasons that keep Joni from tackling all her client documentation
I love people and they wear me out. I’m an introvert with high Relator.
- [19:48] – Alissa’s best tip for keeping your meetings or sessions on schedule
- [23:13] – The challenge of handling financial documentation
- [27:05] – Hear Joni have an a-ha moment live!
You made a very valid shift in my brain!
- [31:28] – Embrace your weaknesses and find comfort with confident vulnerability
- [35:02] – The benefits of bringing on a part-time virtual assistant
- [38:44] – A parting quote from Joni
You’ll never fly by holding someone else down.
- [39:06] – Podcast recommendation of the week!