Warning: Parameter 2 to WPE\Site_Preview::the_posts() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/daire2su/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 286
Doug Sandler and Strickland Bonner join us today to talk about how their similar Strengths support them in their business partnership. If you don’t already know these guys, I’m glad I get to be the one to introduce you!
About Doug Sandler & Strickland Bonner
Doug Sandler has over 30 years of business experience as an entrepreneur and leader. His book, Nice Guys Finish First, is a #1 ranked Amazon Best Seller. As a podcaster and host of The Nice Guys on Business, Doug has interviewed Gary Vaynerchuk, Arianna Huffington, Dan Harris from Good Morning America, Ron Klain, White House Chief of Staff, and dozens of celebs. He specializes in teaching others the “how-tos” of building relationships and strengthening connections. Doug is a nationally recognized speaker and writer.
Strickland Bonner’s company Podcast Production 4 You provides audio production for The Nice Guys on Business, as well as many other podcasts. He works a 9-5 job as a Report and Data Analyst, performs 50-55 times a year playing guitar in the variety band Black Tie and has teenage triplet daughters. Between all of that and publishing five episodes a week of The Nice Guys on Business, he occasionally likes to eat and sleep.
Doug’s Top 5 StrengthsFinder Strengths
Strickland’s Top 5 StrengthsFinder Strengths
- Your Strengths don’t dictate your values. They do not dictate what you do, but how you do it.
- A successful business requires both a visionary and an executor.
- Once you understand your own Strengths, you recognize that others do not think the way you do and you find value in your own Strengths and others’.
- Honor and respect your own Strengths and those of your business partner to help you two work together in synergy.
Listen in now!
Time-Stamped Show Highlights
Strickland’s first impression of their Strengths is that they didn’t have any Executing themes in either of their top 5.
It is an executing theme, but technically it falls under the Influencing category.
- [15:08] – Strickland’s visionary themes
- [15:43] – Creating Turnkey Podcasting: Working through the idea phase into implementation phase
Ideation works in one of two ways. It either works with a whole ton of popcorn ideas that you funnel down into one or it starts with a single idea and funnels outward into other ideas.
- [19:29] – How coming together with a partner can bring exponential growth
Each of us individually, we can do so much. Together, our ideas expand extremely fast. Our relationship puts our business growth into a microwave oven!
- [21:08] – The ups and downs of Positivity
- [21:53] – How they handle moving from the negative “stuck” space
- [25:53] – The two faces of Positivity
Positivity actually has two emotions. It is super happy and lively or it is off-the-wall depressed and angry. When it can’t find the positive, it roots out the negative.
- [29:17] – Empathy’s greatness
- [30:51] – Tips from Doug and Strickland on how to navigate business with a partner who has similar Strengths
Strickland: Our Strengths are very similar, but our skill sets are very complementary. It is critical to find a business partner that complements you!
Doug: If you have some level of partnership with someone else, look at the accountability factor, both for them following through and them helping you follow through.