Warning: Parameter 2 to WPE\Site_Preview::the_posts() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/daire2su/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 286
Episode 088 Show Notes:
In today’s episode, we focus on college students and recent college grads who are trying to find their way in the world. If this is you, or you know a college student or recent grad, dive in with us! Learn how to go on the entrepreneurial journey, how to confidently go forth in the world, and how to use the Miracle Morning for College Students to help you on your way.
About Natalie Janji
Natalie is a graduate of Loyola Marymount University with a bachelor’s degree in chemistry and author of “The Miracle Morning for College Students.” Natalie is passionate about helping students have a meaningful college experience with personal growth. She guides students in achieving their full potential in every area of their lives. She is currently a speaker, coach, and author ready to help students all over the world achieve their dreams.
Natalie’s Top 5 StrengthsFinder Strengths
- The StrengthsFinder profile can help you find your way and embrace who you are as you grow into your entrepreneurial
- It takes effort to build a Strengths-based culture!
- In recognizing your weaknesses, you can see someone else who has Strengths you do not have and honor those Strengths instead of being jealous of them.
- To create something amazing, it takes a village. It takes collaboration. Accept who you are, and acknowledge the value that other people can bring.
- You have the most potential, especially right out of college, because you have nothing to lose. There is so little to lose, so you can take maximum leaps!
- Taking risks is the way! Your dreams need to scare you. You can use that fear to drive you and propel you forward.
Listen in now!
Time-Stamped Show Highlights
- [2:37] – The growth of the young entrepreneur
- [4:29] – Natalie’s first encounter with Strengths
- [6:34] – Natalie’s StrengthsQuest results from 2014
When we unlock all of our 34, our tendency is to possibly look at our 6 through 10, but then to go to the bottom to see where we’re weakest. While we do want to identify areas of non-Strength… We want to do so only to engage people with those Strengths, not to try to fix them in ourselves.
- [9:05] – A healthy way to look at non-Strengths
Instead of beating your head and saying, “Why can’t I be like this person,” you can find someone who can complement you and your Strengths.
- [11:46] – How Natalie’s Strengths show up
- [13:36] – Natalie’s process of pursuing and creating her book
I really had to rely on my Strengths. If I were to dwell on my weaknesses during this entire process, I wouldn’t have a finished manuscript. You’ve gotta let go of the fear that you are not enough and just accept yourself for all you are!
- [17:40] – How Natalie’s Strengths may have shifted from 2014 to 2017
- [18:47] – About the various Strengths profiles
StrengthsExplorer is built for kids 10-14, StrengthsQuest is for 15-20, and StrengthsFinder is for 21 and up.
- [19:15] – The value in retaking the Strengths profile
- [20:10] – Natalie’s thoughts on intuition for college students
Use tools that will help you develop your muscle of self-awareness. Who you are is very unique! Play to your Strengths and stick to your gut.
- [21:52] – The gift of Futuristic
- [24:04] – Natalie’s upcoming speaking event
- [24:41] – About the Strength of Maximizer
- [25:31] – Strategic & Communication in tandem – Strategic Communication!
- [26:31] – How Strengths play into deciding whether to take risks
There are some Strengths that can be somewhat risk averse, which can keep people in their comfort zone.
- [28:12] – Natalie’s parting thoughts on risk-taking
It’s great to take risks when you are betting on your Strengths! The fire that’s inside of you to create and accomplish all that you want to do doesn’t die after one failure… You know it’s worth it!
Selected Links for This Episode
- Natalie’s website
- 1 Life Fully Lived conference in Philadelphia
- Follow Natalie on Twitter
- Connect with Natalie on Facebook
- Follow Natalie on Instagram
- About the StrengthsQuest profile