Warning: Parameter 2 to WPE\Site_Preview::the_posts() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/daire2su/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 286
“You’re going to be the most successful in your business—and your life, for that matter—when you stay in your Strengths, but you’re also going to have the most fun!”
Budgeting is hard for anyone, let alone someone with an inconsistent income. Author and speaker Christy Wright from Ramsey Solutions joins us today to tell us about her new book, Business Boutique. Listen in to hear how to have fun with your Strengths and how the heck to maintain a budget with the roller coaster of income and expenses that entrepreneurship can often bring.
About Christy Wright
Both entertaining and inspiring, Christy Wright presents messages that educate and give hope to audiences nationwide. As the creator of Business Boutique and through her podcast and sellout live events, Wright has equipped thousands of women to successfully run and grow a business so they can make money doing what they love. Wright is a Certified Business Coach with Ramsey Personality. Since joining Ramsey Solutions in 2009, she has spoken to audiences across the country at women’s conferences, national business conferences, and Fortune 500 companies. Her new book, Business Boutique, launches on Amazon.com on April 17th, 2017.
Christy’s Top 5 StrengthsFinder Strengths
- Naturally leaning into how you’re wired helps you maximize your potential!
- It’s important to identify your Strengths and to then learn how to live in them.
- When you stand up and you say, “I am really gifted here—these are my Strengths,” it allows you to also see what is so great about the people around you.
- For business financials—use a program or programs that you like most. If you like it, you’ll be more apt to use it.
- Find what it is that energizes you to help you in focusing on tracking.
- “Tracked numbers grow!”
Listen in now!
Time-Stamped Show Highlights
- [2:21] – Christy’s top 5 Strengths
- [3:39] – Christy’s 5 eQuestions—indicators of what are Strengths for you
- What do you enjoy? The things you enjoy almost always highlight your Strengths!
- What do others encourage in you? Sometimes identifying your Strengths comes through the gift of other people’s encouragement of you.
- Where do you excel? Knowing and acknowledging where you excel does not mean you’re arrogant—it means you’re aware!
- What comes effortless for you? What is easy for you is NOT easy for everyone else.
- What gives you energy? This one is so insightful! Those tasks that I’m good at, and may be tiring, they give me energy.
- [13:17] – Overusing Strengths and negativity
Sometimes we are overusing our Strengths and, if we’re harshly criticized for that … then we might look at that Strength and say, “I don’t like that,” and internalize it as a bad part of ourselves.
- [14:41] – How to navigate handling negative views of Strengths
- [16:52] – Why Christy wrote her book for women
- [18:47] – Managing money for start-ups
Plan for an irregular income! You need to base your expenses at the bare-bones minimum if you’re just starting out. Build up a retained-earnings account.
- [20:48] – Helpful financial tools and tips for people who don’t love tracking
Find a way to make it fun! Order a pizza, a glass of wine, a warm tea, sit on the deck in the warm sunshine. Find a way to make it a more desirable thing to do!
- [25:34] – Christy’s final words of advice
You’re doing a good job! You can do this, you can reach your goals and you can make your dreams a reality. Remember that even in the crazy, you’re doing a good job.
Selected Links for This Episode
- Buy Business Boutique on Amazon
- Visit the Business Boutique website
- Like Christy’s Facebook page
- Follow Christy on Instagram
- Follow Christy on Twitter
- The EveryDollar app