Warning: Parameter 2 to WPE\Site_Preview::the_posts() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/daire2su/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 286
Episode 083 Show Notes: From Frustrated to Frickin’ Awesome Is Here!
Podcasting host, Alissa Daire Nelson, has exciting news to share today—her first book launches!
From Frustrated to Frickin’ Awesome is literally a four-step process to identify and achieving the success that you’re wired for.
Today we’ll dive into what the process is like to write and publish a book, as well as what the book is all about.
- This book will help you stand up and say, “I’m frickin’ awesome!”
- This episode will hopefully help you learn from some of the mistakes I made in this book-writing process.
- Focused time is so important! Use Pomodoros (25 minutes of work time followed by a 5-minute break).
- No matter what, pad your timeline a bit. You never know what might happen to your process as you go along.
Listen in now!
Time-Stamped Show Highlights
- [3:19] – The writing process
What ended up working for me is that I would track word count at the beginning and end of each Pomodoro. This allowed me to make really good goals for how much writing I could get done based on the time I had available.
- [6:11] – The editing process
Find an editor who can take your words and make sure the come across as you sound! Then, consider a second editor who can come in and take an outsider’s view on your manuscript.
- [8:09] – Self-publishing process
You have to have your book formatted so it becomes a readable book! I also wanted my book to be on Kindle, which has its own formatting needs.
- [10:36] – Build in extra time!
As you’re going through the writing process and submit a final manuscript to your publisher, know that everything takes longer than you expect.
Step 1: Know yourself. Step 2: Planning. Step 3: Take action. Step 4: Reflection.
Surround yourself with people who are better than you in a lot of ways. They will make you stronger than you are now!