Episode 079 Show Notes: Your Journey, Your Way, With Your Strengths Leading Your Way with Andrea Riggs
“If you believe there’s more to life, then guess what? There is!”
If you’re ready to live your own courageous life, then you’ll love this episode with Andrea Riggs.
About Andrea Riggs
Andrea B. Riggs is a mother of 3 adventurous children, is married to her soul mate, Charles, and in fall of 2016 moved with her family from Southern Utah to Puerto Rico. She enjoys yoga, traveling, creating, fitness, nutrition, healing and exploring with family.
Andrea is a motivational movement expert and works closely conference orchestrators to make magic at conferences. By moving people physically, Andrea prepares participants to be moved emotionally. Andrea trains clients in healing the body, mind, and spirit. She cultivates yoga inspired by Baptiste Yoga, Zumba Fitness, Kettlebells, TRX, Barre, her own total body RAW HIIT Fitness workout, and online fitness programs. She also began a gut healing online business, The Cultured Collective, with her husband Charles.
Andrea believes in living your greatest adventure and so she is currently writing Gypsy Living, How to Unleash Your Gypsy Spirit and Live an Adventurous and Extraordinary Life. She has 3 more on the way! Andrea believes in educating our own children and guiding the next generation towards more creativity and connectivity. She helped her daughter Ava begin a dream of designing her own stuffed lambs. AvaMariaLambs.com is just the beginning of this journey.
Andrea has trained with Baron Baptiste, ACE and AFAA, CPT (NASM), CFNS (Nutrition specialist), Level 1 Baptiste Yoga, Fermentation Specialist, Wings Energy Practitioner Level 1 and 2, and currently training in Zoneology.
Andrea’s Top 5 StrengthsFinder Strengths
- Even if you know what your Strengths are, it’s always good to hear someone else’s outside impression!
- It is important to know and embrace what your top 5 are, but it is also important to understand that everyone has different Strengths and that it is OK.
- Activator is all about movement. By itself, Activator just likes to move. It is the other Strengths Activator is surrounded by that shapes how that movement shows up.
- What is it that you value? What is it that brings you fully alive? Find this!
Listen in now!
Time-Stamped Show Highlights
Generally speaking, you have the same Talents no matter when you take the profile. What it comes down to is how you develop those Talents into Strengths.
- [9:00] – The importance of accepting others for their own Strengths
- [10:44] – A discussion of Andrea’s Activator
- [14:15] – Using Strategic & Activator to move forward
- [14:42] – How the different Strategic Thinking Strengths show up
Depending on which Thinking Strength you have, you’re likely to make decisions at varying speeds and with the need of varying amounts of information.
- [16:19] – The big move to Puerto Rico
- [19:50] – The origin of the Gypsy Fam podcast
- [20:35] – Andrea’s values and beliefs
I honor everyone’s journey exactly where they’re at and just believe that everyone should live their best life … My experiences shape the way I look at my life and they shape the way that I look at people. I have this very broad view of the world because the world is broad! I value family, connection—the deeper meaning in life—understanding that we really are creators of our own journey.
- [26:08] – Belief and Individualization at work
Belief is so purpose driven. Andrea’s purpose is tied so closely to Individualization—live your own life.
- [26:42] – A deeper dive into Andrea’s Input
Input is the information gatherer—sometimes it’s physical things. With Andrea, it’s experiences. “Freedom can be measured by the things you can walk away from.” Things are just things. But I do collect information.