Warning: Parameter 2 to WPE\Site_Preview::the_posts() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/daire2su/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 286
In this episode, we’re talking about the power and strategy of journaling. Specifically, we’re covering bullet journaling with expert Kara Benz.
About Kara Benz
Kara Benz is a 34-year-old military spouse and a mother to a beautiful daughter. After more than 16 years employed in the bar and restaurant industry, Kara woke up one day eager to expand her horizons. The Boho Berry Blog started off as a way for Kara to showcase her Bohemian-style jewelry back in April of 2015. She soon began writing about the topics near and dear to her heart: mindfulness, meditation, goal-setting, and personal development. Boho Berry soon took on a life of its own and has quickly become a hub for creatives seeking to improve their lives through planning, goal setting, and motivation. Kara now runs a successful Etsy shop and is preparing to launch her first signature handwriting course online this spring. Kara’s Top 5 StrengthsFinder Strengths
- The beauty of the bullet journal system is that it truly is a system. You can implement it in whatever you have laying out, use what works for you and leave the rest.
- Discipline loves structure! If you have this, you will want to explore how to best set up your bullet journal and use that pattern every day. Consistency may work the same way.
- Communication is all about self-expression. Bullet journaling allows you to express yourself in whichever way you’d like.
- Maximizer may adjust and tweak the bullet journal to improve and find a new way.
Listen in now!
Time-Stamped Show Highlights
It is a DIY planner. It is a way to create your own planner in your notebook of choice.
- [7:28] – Organizing, journaling and the Theme of Input
- [8:40] – Goal setting through bullet journaling
- [9:38] – Using your Strengths to get things done
- [10:29] – Prioritization and centering
My journaling time is my Zen time. It is my time to focus in and home in on everything that’s on my mind. Being someone that is constantly lost in thought, having a place where I can dump my brain into a notebook—it relieves so much stress!
- [12:00] – Setting up a bullet journal on a daily basis
- [12:53] – How certain Strengths may benefit from this journaling style
- [15:08] – Kara’s YouTube videos on bullet journaling
Most of my videos center around what I’ve been doing lately with my bullet journal … I want to get people into the mindset of constantly asking whether things are working for them.
- [19:53] – Achiever and other goal-oriented Strengths themes
- [20:41] – Futuristic and Achiever in combination
The second I have that focus of homing in on that one goal … I am able to look forward, see how this year is going to go, and to set goals based on that.
- [23:57] – Why it’s okay to not be jealous of other’s Strengths
Say, “Gosh, this is an area of non-Strengths for me. It doesn’t mean I am a failure; it doesn’t mean that I am ‘less than.’ It means that I get to go honor someone else by saying, ‘Wow, you have this Strength, you have this Talent, and I’d love for you to help me and I’d love to contribute to you.’”
- [27:12] – How to get started with bullet journaling
Head straight to the source; go to bulletjournal.com. Click on “Start Here,” watch the video and start following the instructions.
Selected Links for This Episode
- Bullet journaling 101
- Kara’s YouTube channel
- Bullet Journal website
- Boho Berry blog
- Kara’s Etsy shop