How many times have you made a New Year’s resolution to lose weight, eat healthier, meet an activity goal, etc., only to fail to meet it or slip back into old habits and not prioritize your health? In this episode, we talk about using your Strengths to turn those health-focused New Year’s resolutions into achievements.
About Julie Hansen
Julie Hansen is a certified personal trainer and nutritional therapy practitioner who has found her niche as owner and lead trainer of The Fitness Lounge in Coon Rapids, MN. Julie has always prioritized maintaining an active lifestyle, but it wasn’t until she embarked on backpacking treks and trail-running expeditions in the Pacific Northwest that she realized fitness could also be fun. She now strives to help her clients meet their individualized fitness goals in an enjoyable way.
Julie’s Top 5 StrengthsFinder Strengths
- Everyone needs love and support, to help them see their good side. That’s where having a dedicated coach can be instrumental in staying on track.
- If you keep changing things up, it will keep you engaged.
- Remind yourself daily about your “Why” – it will help you keep your focus and keep your motivation up.
- Make sure you are aligning your fitness and health goals with your Strengths and values.
Listen in now!
Time-Stamped Show Highlights
When we look at the Themes, they really are just Talents. This doesn’t mean you have the skill there to make them Strengths.
Restorative’s main focus is to make things whole again.
- [7:38] – How Julie chose personal training as a profession
- [11:05] – Julie’s ability to help her clients actually achieve their health-focused goals
For myself, I have dealt with a lot of struggling. I have dug deep into the emotional side of being successful in this area. Because of that, I’ve been able to reach other people’s struggles.
- [14:05] – The need for accountability
- [15:04] – How to define a health goal that keeps you engaged for the long term
- [16:59] – How Strengths tie into fitness and health goals
It depends on what your Strengths are as to how you will thrive in fitness training. The whole health journey, long term, is an individual journey.
- [18:48] – Aligning your goals with your values
What is most important to you? Why is it important? Why is being healthy and having a healthy lifestyle important to you?
- [21:53] – About Julie’s virtual personal training and nutrition programs
- [23:59] – Julie’s best tips for staying the course
Figure out your “why” and find an accountability partner who will push you a little bit.
- [25:11] – Use the Freedom Journal to help you reach your goal
Selected Links for This Episode
- Fitness Lounge website
- Follow the Fitness Lounge on Facebook
- The Freedom Journal
- Freedom Journal Facebook Support Group