Warning: Parameter 2 to WPE\Site_Preview::the_posts() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/daire2su/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 286
Our guest today is Lindsay McCarthy, co-author of The Miracle Morning for Parents and Families and the co-creator of GratefulParent.com, where you can find amazing parenting resources.
About Lindsay McCarthy
Lindsay McCarthy is a stay-at-home, homeschool mom to Tyler and Ember, ages 7 and 3.
Lindsay’s Top 5 StrengthsFinder Strengths
- Your Strengths can change over time, but not drastically. If your current top 5 Strengths are not the same as your top 5 several years ago, you’ll likely find that all 10 were mixed around in your top 15 or so.
- Parents, be okay with imperfection. We all want to do right by our kids, but we also need to allow ourselves grace.
- Be willing to reach out to others. Have the humility and courage to reach out to people to help us and give us the support and different viewpoints we need.
- We are all connected. We do not have to be alone. Build purposeful partnerships!
Listen in Now!
Time-Stamped Show Highlights
- [3:59] – Lindsay’s multiple experiences with StrengthsFinder
- [7:24] – The backdrop to Lindsay’s coauthoring of The Miracle Morning for Parents & Families
- [12:45] – The goal of The Miracle Morning for Parents & Families
It’s not about getting your kids to do something. It’s about getting yourself to do things to be a better parent for your children.
- [14:36] – Doing The Miracle Morning with excellence, not perfection
- [15:54] – The Miracle Morning acronyms
C.H.A.R.M.S. (for kids) – Creativity, Health, Affirmations, Reading, Meditation, Service
S.A.V.E.R.S. (for adults) – Silence, Affirmations, Visualization, Exercise, Reading, Scribe
- [18:37] – How Lindsay’s Strengths came shining through in her book
- [24:04] – A learned insight that all parents need to hear
Kids are so resilient and smart. We need to give them the credit they are due.
- [25:22] – How Lindsay’s Connectedness shows up, in tandem with Learning
- [29:27] – Who Lindsay leans on for support
My husband and I are so different, but we appreciate those differences. He’s my catalyst in learning—he gently pushes me to try new things and step outside my comfort zone.
- [30:52] – The interrelation of Lindsay’s Learner and Input with her husband’s Activator
Selected Links for This Episode
- The Miracle Morning for Parents & Families on Amazon
- Free downloadable resources for The MM for Parents & Families
- The Miracle Morning Art of Affirmations coloring book
- The Strengths Explorer profile for kids ages 10-14