Clay Andrews and Mika Terao are a dynamic husband and wife duo who are also relationship experts. They focus on teaching people how to cultivate and hone ‘Advanced Relational Skills’ that strengthen the emotional connection within any relationship. Listen to how they use Strengths to bring relationships to higher levels.
About Clay Andrews and Mika Terao
Clay and Mika have been helping people improve their love lives since 2010 with personal coaching and several of their online courses and books. They are the creators of The Modern Love, LoveTalkFM and Loving Boldly.
Together, Clay and Mika focus on teaching people how to cultivate and hone ‘Advanced Relational Skills’ that strengthen the emotional connection within any relationship. They also specialize in helping men and women overcome and heal from a painful breakup so that they can build a stronger foundation for their next relationship. They’ve been featured on Match.com, Huffington Post, and Jenny McCarthy’s Dirty, Sexy, Funny talk show on SiriusXM and Psych Central.
Clay’s Top 5 StrengthsFinder Strengths
Mika’s Top 5 StrengthsFinder Strengths
- For most people, the StrengthsFinder results are affirming. But for some, they bring surprise, often due to growing up and being taught that their Strengths were instead weaknesses.
- Find ways to incorporate value-add opportunities in your business so both you and your clients can find extra fulfillment.
- One of the biggest game changers as an entrepreneur is sticking to our values and maintaining our integrity.
- Knowing and focusing on your own values will help you identify the people you should surround yourself with.
- Self-awareness is key to resolving conflict within yourself and with those around you.
Listen in now!
Time-Stamped Show Highlights
- [3:39] – Mika’s first impressions of StrengthsFinder
- [4:28] – Clay’s first impressions of StrengthsFinder
- [5:05] – Why some people may be surprised by their StrengthsFinder results
- [7:52] – Comparing Clay and Mika’s profiles
Mika has a mix of Influencing and Relationship Building themes. Clay’s Strengths are mainly Strategic Thinking and Executing themes. The beauty of having totally different profiles is that you can complement each other in a really meaningful way.
- [9:21] – Clay and Mika’s individual contributions to their business, in one another’s eyes
- [12:07] – Relying on each other’s Strengths to live in and embrace their own
Clay’s Strengths bring a lot of strength in how I bring myself to our work relationship, personal relationship and in every aspect of my life.
- [14:17] – How Clay and Mika use their Strengths in the process of relationship coaching
- [19:24] – Highlighting one of Clay and Mika’s coaching clients
Heather is the poster child of our program! She takes what we teach and applies it in every area of her life.
- [21:14] – Whom Clay and Mika serve
- [24:00] – The hardship behind their coaching services, and how they handle it
What Clay and I do for a living—it’s a passion! When I have to say good-bye
- [27:18] – What’s up next for Clay and Mika
- [30:16] – How Clay and Mika handle conflict between themselves
Remind yourself that you will never see things through the same lens. Also, remembering that you are both on the same team and have the same goals.
- [38:32] – Clay and Mika’s biggest relationship tips for dating
Selected Links for This Episode
- Modern Love website
- Loving Boldly website
- LoveTalkFM website
- LoveTalkFM on iTunes
- Clay’s YouTube channel
writtenby Clay Andrews