I’m delighted to have you here with me for this episode about Developer, in which I am joined by Gallup-certified strengths coach Traci Newkirk. Come along with us as we discuss the benefits of living in your Strengths, in embracing what comes next in life, and even gaining a little insight into parenting with Strengths.
About Traci Newkirk
For 10 years, Traci was an accountant in a business, Intellectual Capitol, which she ran with her husband. To put it simply, she was miserable. Then she took the StrengthsFinder 2.0 profile and found that the talent of Analytical was number 33 out of 34 for her. Since taking that test, Traci’s role with the business has shifted. She now gets to let her Strengths shine. She focuses on growing the business, training, networking, meeting new people and developing people. Since her shift, Intellectual Capitol has won two INC 5000 Fastest Growing Company awards, a nod from the Chamber of Commerce for business of the month, and the best gross profit ever.
Traci also runs her own Strengths Coaching business, helping other corporations do what she accomplished in her own business.
Traci’s Top 5 StrengthsFinder Strengths
- Developer accepts you where you are, and partners with you to help you move forward.
- Absence of progress is a toxic trigger for those with Developer.
- Differences are advantages! We need complementary partners who can cover our blind spots.
- StrengthsFinder helps us get down to the “why” of our behaviors.
- However you are wired, develop your Strengths. Doing so helps you become the best you.
Listen in now!
Time-Stamped Show Highlights
- [3:45] – Traci’s personal definition of Developer
It is someone who gets joy, energy, excitement and a thrill from watching the growth of others.
- [6:58] – When Developer got Traci in trouble
- [13:32] – The “why” behind Alissa starting this podcast
- [18:18] – Triggers of Developer
I want a 100% success rate. When I feel that one person out of 20 just doesn’t get it, I can get lost in that.
My husband has Futuristic and Focus. He helps me with goal setting and financial aspects. My social media coordinator is strong in Discipline, Deliberative and Restorative. She helps me slow down and identify potential problems.
- [28:40] – Why it’s okay to not be well-rounded
As a manager, by embracing that it is okay to not be well-rounded, your employees feel so valued and they become more engaged.