Hi, and welcome to the very first episode of my Maximize Your Strengths Podcast. I am Certified Strengths Strategy Business Coach Alissa Daire Nelson. As a Strengths Coach, I use StrengthsFinder 2.0—and my training in Neuro Linguistic Programming—as the basis of my own business coaching practice.
I’ll be bringing you this podcast twice a week—on Mondays and Thursdays—providing insightful interviews to help you learn how to harness and maximize your Strengths. Each episode will last only 20-30 minutes, so you can listen during your morning run, while you’re in between meetings, as you’re commuting, or even when you’re winding down after a long day.
No matter when you listen, you will gain great insight into how StrenghtsFinder 2.0 is the answer to explosive business growth and strong relationships.
The application of Strengths has the ability to boom businesses everywhere, decrease divorce rates across the globe, and create respect and community that this world has not yet seen.
- 14 million people have taken the StrenghtsFinder 2.0 test. But most don’t know what to do with their results.
- If you do not yet know your Strengths, it only takes a small investment of money ($15) and time (30 minutes) to identify them.
- You are uniquely poised and wired for success!
- Once you understand, accept, and apply your own strengths, you will also begin to cherish, rather than judge or envy others strengths and differences.
- Follow your dreams! Just use the innate Strengths you already have to get you there.
“Your weaknesses will never develop, while your strengths will develop infinitely.”
-Donald Clifton, the father of Strengths psychology
Time-Stamped Show Highlights
- [1:16] – The goal of this podcast: Learn how to apply your StrengthsFinder 2.0 results
This is the resource that will help more people benefit from StrengthsFinder 2.0.
- [2:18] – The history of and power behind the StrengthsFinder test
Reading a five-page report and filing it away does not create lasting and powerful change. This podcast allows me get the word out about what to do with your results: how to make them meaningful to your business and your life.
- [3:27] – Monday podcasts: Interviews with Successful Entrepreneurs
- [3:54] – Thursday podcasts: Individual Strengths Deep Dives With Other Certified Strengths Coaches
- [4:21] – Bonus benefit of listening to Maximize Your Strengths
- [4:38] – What Strengths is not good for
- [5:44] – Two key messages you will hear time and again
- Your road to success will look different form everyone else. You are uniquely made for your uniquesuccess.
- We aren’t met to be well-rounded, do-it- yourself individuals.
Aim for “confident vulnerability.” In a nutshell, know who and what you are, know what you’re not, and embrace that both are okay.
Selected Links for This Episode
- Maximize Your Strengths Facebook Group
- StrengthsFinder 2.0 test
- StrengthsFinder 2.0 book by Tom Rath
- DeAnna Murphy, President of Strengths Strategy
Like what you heard today?